Applications due 06/01/21
Date posted: March 30, 2021
Location: 205 Sunnyview Lane, Kalispell, MT, USA
Want to make a difference in a child’s life while having fun doing it?
Join our team and provide quality and enjoyable swim lessons following the guidelines and class progressions as established by The Summit.
The Aquatics Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient management of aquatic operations and programs, supervision of aquatics staff, and ensuring a positive experience of our members and staff. Join our team in helping people of all ages and abilities achieve and sustain health, happiness and success.
1. Develops and organizes the following aquatic programs, including but not limited to: a) swim instruction courses, 2) lifeguard training courses, 3) beginner to advanced swim lessons, 5) water safety classes according to industry practices and procedures. Will be responsible that all staff participating in these courses is up-to-date on certifications and the latest requirements for safety and instruction.
2. Organize the private swim instruction program. Leadership and communication to participants ensuring confidence and trust with abilities to have successful outcomes with course instruction.
3. Works in conjunction with the Summit Leadership in the recommendation of new employees, works to complete the hiring process. Prepares written evaluations on Aquatic staff, reviews with employee prior to anniversary date, and participates in corrective action, if necessary.
4. Supervises and schedules appropriate staff in accordance with set budget levels appropriate for class and event attendance. This includes but is not limited to swim instruction, special events, and safety or educational programs.
5. Oversees payroll and timekeeping for Aquatic employees. Will also schedule employees with-in time-keeping standards for any in-service instruction or meetings as necessary being mindful of overtime and budget constraints.
1. Current Nationally recognized swim instructor certification required.
2. Advanced Lifesaving Certification/First Aid Certification required.
3. Healthcare Provider or Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR certification required.
4. A minimum of two years’ experience as an aquatic swim instructor and lifeguard required.
5. Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field preferred. Will consider combination of experience, education, and supervision of similar programs.
6. Knowledge of pool operations to include but not limited to: mechanical operation, supplies needed for maintenance, hygiene and chemical use for sterilization, and staff to member ratios for safe operations.
How to Apply
Or email your resume to Christy Van Slayke, Recruiter for Kalispell Regional Healthcare: [email protected]
310 Sunnyview Lane
Kalispell, MT 59901