Applications due 11/27/22
Date posted: November 4, 2022
Location: Waukee, IA, USA
- PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT/MANAGMENT
- Create, develop and implement new programs.
- Manage assigned program areas and activities, ensuring programs comply with all applicable YMCA standards and methods of operation an continually strive to attain the highest possible level of quality.
- Expand participation in assigned programs.
- Evaluate and review all aspects of assigned programs to ensure consistent quality and safety.
- Assist in development and distribution of materials to market and promote programs.
- PROMOTION MANAGEMENT
- Assist in the development and distribution of materials to market and promote programs.
- Conduct marketing and promotion for assigned programs.
- Assist in the identification of target audience(s) for assigned programs.
- FISCAL MANAGEMENT
- Prepare and submit required budget planning and management information for program area(s)
- Monitor assigned budget to ensure revenue and expenses are consistent with approved budget plan.
- Prepare and submit all required financial information and reports.
- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Determine staffing needs of assigned program area(s) within YMCA guidelines and procedures.
- Assist in recruiting process and manage selection process as determined by guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct required orientation and training for assigned staff.
- Manage, supervise, and evaluate assigned staff to ensure satisfactory job performance.
- Manage and maintain staffing to cover all areas of assigned program(s).
- Ensure applicable staff development opportunities are taken by assigned staff.
- Prepare and submit payroll paperwork and time/attendance information as required by YMCA policies and procedures and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- MEMBER SERVICE/COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Build relationships with members connecting each person with the YMCA.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Serve as a YMCA representative, both within the organization and outside the organization.
- Demonstrate and support the objectives of the organization as embodied in the mission statement and values.
- Assist in organization’s financial development efforts, including the annual fund raising campaign.
- Plan, prepare and organize special events as required.
- Serve on organization and community committees and teams as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social services, recreation, business, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Two to four years of experience in program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a supervisory or leadership role.
- Demonstrated computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fund-raising.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
- Proven track record of developing authentic and deepened relationships with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
How to Apply
TO APPLY or TO LEARN MORE: