Applications due 10/28/17
Asphalt Green is looking to hire an individual with strong experience in pool and lifeguard management combined with demonstrated organizational, communication and public relationship skills. This is a working supervisory position requiring weekend and holiday work. The set work schedule is Tuesday through Saturday.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage approximately 40 lifeguards and 1 Asst. Pool Manager
- Ensure that all Aquatics personnel perform at the highest levels ensuring a safe and positive experience for members, swim teams, school groups and general patrons
- Manage the deck in a highly professional manner communicating information on pool conditions, pool schedules, changes, policies, and classes in a timely manner
- Ensure a safe and clean environment inspecting the pool with regular pool and locker room walk-throughs.
- Develop and constantly evaluate all pool rules and regulations
- Maintain all pool equipment in top working order
- Working closely with Human Resources identify part-time staff.
- Hire, train, certify, schedule, and manage lifeguards
- Working with the UES Pool Manager, develop and conduct a monthly in-service training program for lifeguards to ensure that their skills and professionalism are of the highest standard. Create a positive work environment for the staff.
- Approve lifeguard payroll and time/attendance (ADP) biweekly
- Conduct performance reviews.
- Develop and manage administrative budget
- Manage lifeguard training business (approx. $15k in annual revenue)
- Manage the BPC Pool Grid
- Create and distribute Member Lap Swim Schedule. Manage and work with marketing for BPC to publish all schedules and changes for special events, holidays and emergency closures.
- Maintain pool usage count
- Respond to all emails and phone calls in an appropriate timeframe. Handle any customer service issues.
- Assist with swim school and waterproofing needs
- Degree in Sports Management or related field preferred
- At least 3-4 years of aquatics supervision and pool experience
- Strong computer, written and verbal skills required
- Current certifications in Lifeguard & First Aid, and CPR & AED.
- CPO certification is a plus or the ability to obtain
- LGI certification is a plus or the desire to obtain
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]