The Campus Recreation Complex of Georgia Institute of Technology has an opening for an Aquatic Coordinator – Events position.
Job Purpose: Supervise and coordinate aquatic facilities to include internal and external clients.
- Plan and manage aquatic facility rentals for special and competitive events with internal and external clients.
- Perform special events administrative functions including but not limited to budgeting, inventory, goals, waivers, billing requests, contracts and invoices.
- Maintain working knowledge, inventory and maintenance of the scoring and timing equipment.
- Conduct follow up to determine adequacy of services provided in support of events.
- Recommend and implement new and revised policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Additional Information: May be required to work some evenings and/or weekends.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with: unit and department staff, students, facility customers and event administrators This position typically will advise and counsel: student assistants This position will supervise: NA
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Recreation Administration, Sports Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Two to three years job related experience
- Certifications: Lifeguard and First Aid certification; Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certifications. If Lifeguard certification is not Ellis and Associates, must be willing to get Ellis certification within 90 days of employment.
- Skills: This job requires demonstrated success in aquatic facilities management; excellent verbal and written communication skills; organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive team; demonstrated ability to manage, supervise and mentor employees; and demonstrated knowledge of aquatic event management.
- Preferred Education: Master’s degree in Physical Education, Recreation Administration or related field
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: Certified Pool Operator
- Preferred Skills: N/A
How to Apply
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit an application and résumé at: http://careers.gatech.edu/ Please search for requisition number 0176946 or by title, Aquatic Coordinator – Events.
The Georgia Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.