Date posted: July 29, 2021
Location: 515 East Main Street, Carmel, IN, USA
POSITION: The Carmel Swim Club (CSC), located in Carmel, Indiana is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Age Group/Senior Group Coach. These positions report directly to the Carmel Swim Club Head Coach/CEO and Head Age Group Coach. BACKGROUND: The Carmel Swim Club operates a 50 meter indoor pool at Carmel High School and trains at select outdoor facilities during the summer months. The club hosts between 8 and 10 meets plus a triathlon during a normal swim year. Carmel, which is located in Hamilton County just north of Indianapolis, is one of the Midwest’s fastest-growing and progressive communities with excellent schools. Hamilton County, and Carmel in particular, was also recently named the #1 place in United States to raise a family. CSC enjoys a reputation of success, both locally and nationally, and is recognized for its perennial leadership in one of the nation’s largest LSCs. Carmel High School has won 35 straight Indiana Girls High School Swimming Championships and the Boys have won 21 Championships of their own. Carmel’s strong recruiting base and community support allows CSC to provide financially attractive and competitive coaching opportunities unmatched in the Midwest. PHILOSOPHY: Carmel Swim Club’s mission is “Teaching Excellence Through Swimming, For Life.” Our vision is “a Community Club with a National Presence.” Our core values are Courage, Perseverance, and Team. To learn more about CSC, go to www.carmelswimclub.org.
- Establish and maintain relationships and open communications with swimmers and parents
- Assist in the management/running of daily practices. This must be done in a direction that supports the coaching philosophy and direction of the club as established by the Head Age Group Coach and Head Coach/CEO
- Meet with the Head Age Group Coach to outline practice sessions, meet schedules, and to discuss problems or opportunities. These meetings should also ensure that the management of the program remains united with one direction.
- Create a positive team oriented atmosphere where swimmers learn the values of courage and perseverance
- All CSC coaches are energetic and supporters of the sport of swimming and Carmel Swim Club
- College Degree (preferred)
- Competitive Swimming Experience (required)
- Swim Coaching Experience (required)
- Candidates must possess integrity, strong communications skills; and a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
- Salary will vary depending on qualifications and experience
How to Apply
APPLICANTS: Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume with references to:
515 East Main Street, Suite 100
515 E. Main Street, Suite 100
Carmel, IN 46032