Location: 43008 Waxpool Rd, Ashburn, VA 20148, USA
The Broadlands Piranhas Swim Team is accepting applications for head coach for the 2019 summer season. We are a competitive, but fun, neighborhood summer swim team located in Ashburn, VA that typically consists of 220-230 swimmers, ranging in age from 5-18 years old. We are part of the Colonial Swim League (CSL) in the ‘Red’ Division.
Summer season May 28-July 29 2019 – Practices begin the day after Memorial Day (May 28) and ends July 27 (All-stars). Practices are held Monday-Friday in the evenings before the school year ends and in the mornings after school ends (June 7). Swim meets are held on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a head or assistant head coach, strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and a contagious enthusiasm for the sport of swimming. Candidates must enjoy working with kids and possess a demonstrated ability to provide instruction in stroke technique to beginning, intermediate and advanced swimmers.
The head coach manages several other junior coaches who are responsible for the team’s practices and meets while promoting a competitive, positive, and inclusive environment for all swimmers. Specific responsibilities include:
• Design and run all practices, tailoring daily workouts to different age groups and abilities as necessary.
• Run all developmental (B), league (A) and invitational meets. Proficiency with TeamUnify and Hy-Tek software preferred.
• Supervise and mentor a staff of junior coaches, including a team of 8-12 coaches in training (CITs) aged 15-18 years old.
• Set the team lineup for all meets • Maintain regular communication with parents and team Board of Directors.
• Help with setup and break down of swim meets and practices.
• Foster a positive team environment that emphasizes good sportsmanship, mutual respect for others, and, above all, having fun.
• Be the team’s biggest cheerleader.
Interested candidates must have CPR, First Aid, Lifeguard and Pool Operators certifications. Applicants selected to be interviewed will be asked to provide references.
How to Apply
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to Joe Kilty at [email protected].