The head coaches for the the International Swimming League’s second season were announced during the league’s press conference launch on Wednesday, with several new “bench bosses” put in place compared to last year.
Perhaps the most notable change comes from the Cali Condors, who have hired Jeff Julian as head coach to take over for Gregg Troy. Julian is currently the coach at Rose Bowl Aquatics, and he was also previously an assistant at USC.
Note: it was originally announced that Jonty Skinner was the new head coach of the Cali Condors. This has since been corrected.
Martin Truijens, the former head coach of Denmark’s National Training Centre, will take over for Peter Andrew as the NY Breakers head coach, and Jozsef Nagy will head Iron after serving as Arpad Petrov‘s assistant last year.
The two new teams—Toronto Titans and Tokyo Frog Kings—have also announced their coaching roster. Byron McDonald, the longtime head coach at the University of Toronto, will head the Titans, and former USC head coach Dave Salo will lead the Frog Kings.
ISL SEASON 2 COACHES & GENERAL MANAGERS
- Tokyo Frog Kings – Coach: Dave Salo, GM: Kosuke Kitajima
- Toronto Titans – Coach: Byron MacDonald, GM: Robert Kent
- NY Breakers – Coach: Martin Truijens, GM: Tina Andrew
- Aqua Centurions – Coach: Matteo Giunta, GM: Alessandra Guerra
- DC Trident – Coach: Cyndi Gallagher GM: Kaitlin Sandeno
- Iron – Coach: Jozsef Nagy, GM: Dorina Szekeres
- LA Current – Coach: David Marsh, GM: Lenny Krayzelburg
- London Roar – Coach: Melanie Marshall, GM: Rob Woodhouse
- Cali Condors – Coach: Jeff Julian, GM: Jason Lezak
- Energy Standard – Coach: James Gibson, GM: Jean-Francois Salessy