Below, we’ve put together a set of interactive maps and graphs in a Tableau viz to help visualize the 2021 U.S. Olympic swim team.
- The free relays include all qualifiers, including relay-only qualifiers who may only swim in prelims.
- Medley relays include only the fastest swimmer in the 100 of each stroke. For the men, we went with Caeleb Dressel on butterfly and Zach Apple on freestyle.
- A few of the icons on the training base map have been moved slightly, to help avoid stacking two logos on top of each other to the point that only one is visible. (The adjusted icons were for the University of Minnesota & the Riptide Swim Club, and Stanford University & the University of California).
- Listed ages are as of U.S. Olympic Trials.
- 2019 focus meets are limited to the summer of 2019. Swimmers who swam relay-only at Worlds, but swam individually at a lower-level international meet are listed with the meet where they swam individual races.
- For simplicity’s sake, we’re counting 2021 college seniors as alumni, unless we’ve gotten confirmation that they’ll be returning to school for the extra fifth year of eligibility.
The viz is embedded below. Mobile users may want to follow this link to view the viz on its own browser tab.