2017 MEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 22 – Saturday, March 25
- IUPUI Natatorium – Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Texas (results)
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheet
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPN3
- Event Previews
- Live Results
- Thursday Morning Heat Sheet
Today’s event is the 1-meter springboard, with the top 8 qualifying for the final tonight and places 9 through 16 competing in the B final shortly after preliminaries.
Connor and Hixon are both back from redshirts for Indiana, and should account for a huge haul of points for the Hoosiers. Hixon actually won this event way back in his freshman season, competing for Texas.
Speaking of the Longhorns, they were the other top-5 team to score a diver. Mark Anderson took 8th in prelims to sneak into the A final. Freshman Grayson Campbell was 17th, just missing points.
Miami’s Briadam Herrera was the top qualifier, followed by 2015 NCAA champ and Olympic medalist Steele Johnson. Johnson gives Purdue a big points boost in this event along with fellow A finalist Joseph Cifelli. Ohio State’s Zhipeng Zeng is also into the A final along with defending champ Liam Stone of Tennessee.
The only other likely top-10 team to get a diver into scoring range today was USC, who saw freshman Henry Fusaro take 10th.