2019 YMCA LONG COURSE NATIONAL SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- July 30th-August 3rd, 2019
- Eppley Recreation Center, College Park, Maryland
- LCM (50m)
- Meet site
- Psych Sheets
- Meet Mobile:
- “2019 LCYNationals” for the main meet
- “2019 LCYNationals TT only” for time trial swims
17-year-old Paige Hetrick of Bradford and 18-year-old Justin Fleagle of Auglaize Mercer have earned their third meet wins of the 2019 YMCA Summer Nationals. At the same time, Susquehanna swimmer Abigail Doss broke the YMCA national record in the 400 free with her winning time of 4:16.33. Not only is that a 2020 Trials cut for Doss, but ranks within the top 25 times among all US 18&U swimmers.
Justin Fleagle was the first to do so with his 50 fly winning time of 24.42. Nationally, Fleagle ranks 30th overall and 7th among all 18&U swimmers. Earlier in the meet, Fleagle won the 100 fly and 100 back. In the 50 fly B-final, 13-year-old Daniel Diehl of Cumberland finished 13th with a 26.52. That time is the 4th-fastest 50 fly ever by an American 13-year-old male in the past decade.
Later in the meet, Fleagle swam in the 50 free final aiming for a fourth title. However, it was Henry Schutte of Rapids Area who won the splash-n-dash with a 22.99. Schutte sits just outside of the top 50 times in 17-18 age group history but is the 7th-fastest 18&U swimmer in the nation this year. Fleagle settled for silver with a 23.43, the 27th-fastest 18&U time in the nation.
Paige Hetrick joined Fleagle as a third-time winner with her 50 free title time of 26.32. Hettrick was followed closely by B R Ryall’s Kate Morris (26.57) and a tie for third between Blue Ash’s Megan Glass and Upper Main Line’s 14-year-old Alexa Fulton (26.65).
In the women’s 50 fly, Megan Glass earned her second fly title of the meet with her top time of 27.47, edging out Bath Area’s Olivia Harper (27.49). Both Glass and Harper hold the #15 and #16 times among all 18&U swimmers in the women’s 50 fly. Out of the C-final, 12-year-old Mackenzie Headley of Farmington finished 18th with a 28.60, the 15th-fastest time in 11-12 age group history.
More Day 4 Champions:
- Adam Sherman (Powel Crosley)- 100 breast, 1:04.76
- Lukas Scheidl (Somerset Hills)- 400 free, 4:00.65
- Victoria Eisenhauer (Somerset Valley)- 100 breast, 1:12.72
- Wilton (Stevenson, Bishop, Holmquist, McLaughlin)- W 800 free relay, 8:27.44
- Powel Crosley Jr (Paxton, Lamping, Shoyat, Taylor)- M 800 free relay, 7:47.21
The Powel Crosley Jr men have gained a 5-point lead over the Red Bank Branch men in the team scores. Meanwhile, the Red Bank Branch women have a safe lead in their scores while also holding the top combined team score.
Team Scores After Day 4:
Top 5 Men
- Powel Crosley Jr YMCA 306
- Red Bank Branch YMCA 301
- Somerset Hills YMCA 227
- Greenwich YMCA 209
- Greater Spartanburg YMCA 208
Top 5 Women
- Red Bank Branch YMCA 334
- ME Lyons Anderson YMCA 299
- Somerset Valley YMCA 282
- Blue Ash YMCA 229.5
- Cheshire YMCA 205
Top 5 Combined
- Red Bank Branch YMCA 635
- Cheshire YMCA 372
- Greater Spartanburg YMCA 352
- Somerset Valley YMCA 351
- ME Lyons Anderson YMCA 340