2019 YMCA LONG COURSE NATIONAL SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- July 30th-August 3rd, 2019
- Eppley Recreation Center, College Park, Maryland
- LCM (50m)
- Meet site
- Psych Sheets
- Meet Mobile:
- “2019 LCYNationals” for the main meet
- “2019 LCYNationals TT only” for time trial swims
Paige Hetrick and Justin Fleagle each won events for the second time in two nights at YMCA Nationals.
Hetrick is on her way to a sweep of the girls backstrokes. The 200 back champ from Wednesday night went 1:02.42 to win the 100 back on Thursday. That was still seven tenths off her lifetime-best, and just three tenths away from a YMCA national record.
Meanwhile Fleagle added the boys 100 back title to his 100 fly win from night 2. Fleagle went 57.04, beating Justin Heimes by four tenths.
There were a couple more close shaves with national records. The girls of Blue Ash went 1:57.81 to win the 200 medley relay, coming within seven tenths off the national record. Emma Shuppert had the field’s best back split at 29.31 and Megan Glass powered away with a field-best 27.53 fly leg.
Other event winners:
- Victoria Eisenhauer dropped another half-second, going 32.52 to win the girls 50 breast.
- For the boys, Richie Trentalange held up his top qualifying spot, winning in 29.22.
- McKenzie Campbell won the girls 400 IM in 4:54.31.
- In the boys race, James Doromal cut about three seconds from prelims, going 4:31.56 to edge out Lukas Scheidl by three tenths.
- Kate Morris took home the girls 200 free in 2:02.18.
- Josh Cohen won the boys 200 with a 1:53.44.
- Powel Crosley took the boys 200 medley relay in 1:45.17.