2019 YMCA LONG COURSE NATIONAL SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- July 30th-August 3rd, 2019
- Eppley Recreation Center, College Park, Maryland
- LCM (50m)
- Meet site
- Psych Sheets
- Meet Mobile:
- “2019 LCYNationals” for the main meet
- “2019 LCYNationals TT only” for time trial swims
Henry Schutte notched a new Olympic Trials cut in the 50 free and Justin Fleagle qualified atop the 50 fly on Friday morning at YMCA Nationals.
Schutte went 23.16 in the 50. That’s not actually a career-best: Schutte was 23.06 at this meet in 2017. But he was only 23.26 last year, and hadn’t yet hit the Olympic Trials cut of 23.19 during the qualifying period. He gets a shot to break 23 for the first time tonight.
Fleagle, meanwhile, is chasing his third win of this meet. The 100 fly/100 back champ qualified atop the 50 fly this morning in 24.74. That’s just six tenths off the Tim Phillips national record. Fleagle will follow Phillips’ footsteps as an Ohio State Buckeye.
Fleagle is also 2nd behind Schutte in the 50 free at 23.94.
The girls 50 fly leader is also not far off a national record. Sierra Tosten went 27.88 this morning, seven tenths off the Becca Weiland meet record.
Other top qualifiers:
- Abigail Doss of Susquehanna went 4:24.38 to lead the girls 400 free.
- Nathan Borges led the boys event at 4:02.84 for Somerset Valley.
- His teammate Victoria Eisenhauer leads the girls 100 breast in 1:12.96.
- Boys 200 breast champ Billy Regan is the top qualifier in the 100, going 1:04.74 this morning.
- Alexa Fulton went 26.76 to lead the girls 50 free, but she’ll have to hold off second qualifier Paige Hetrick, who has already won twice this week.