New Hampshire at Dartmouth
- Dartmouth Women: 156-134
- Hanover, N.H.
- Nov. 2, 2o18
Courtesy: Dartmouth Athletics
HANOVER, N.H. – Dartmouth women’s swimming and diving officially opened the 2018-19 season at home on Friday afternoon against New Hampshire. The Big Green walked away with a 156-134 victory over the Wildcats after winning nine events.
Mia Leko had a good day, winning the 200-yard freestyle (1:50.76), 200-yard fly (2:03.24) and the 500-yard freestyle (5:01.59). Ashley Post won two events, taking the 50-yard freestyle in 24.22 and the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 52.35.
Dartmouth came out strong in the first event, the 200-yard medley relay, taking first and second place with times of 1:47.59 and 1:48.37.
In the 1000-yard freestyle, Molly Brickman was second in 10:50.42 and was followed by Sarah Finley in fourth place (11:04.82). Maggie Deppe-Walker came in first place in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:05.69), touching less than two seconds ahead of a UNH swimmer.
On the 1-meter diving board, Dartmouth took first and third. Isabella Lichen, diving in her first collegiate meet, won (256.20) and was followed by Allison Green (223.30). On 3-meter, Isabella Lichen finished with a score of 22.67, while Allison Green had a 155.54.
Susannah Laster placed first in the 200-yard backstroke (2:09.23), while Finlay took third (2:11.45). In the 100-yard fly, Cathleen Li won with a time of 57.51, out-touching a Wildcat by just over a second. After they stopped scoring, the Big Green’s A and B 400-yard medley relays finished with times of 3:32.50 and 3:39.27, which would have been good for the top two spots.
Next up, Dartmouth will head to Ithaca to take on Harvard and Cornell in its annual Ivy tri-meet on Nov. 9-10.
Courtesy: New Hampshire Athletics
HANOVER, N.H. – The University of New Hampshire swimming and diving team fell to Dartmouth, 156-134, on Friday at Karl Michael Pool. The Wildcats fall to 2-1 on the season, while the Big Green improve to 1-0.
The Wildcats will return to action when they compete at the Terrier Invitational hosted by Boston University on Friday-Sunday, Nov. 16-18.
Score: Dartmouth 156, New Hampshire 134
Location: Hanover, N.H. (Karl Michael Pool)
Date: Friday, Nov. 2
Records: UNH 2-1, DC 1-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Wildcats won five events versus the Big Green. The victory was by sophomore Melissa Dingle (Brighton, Ontario) who posted a time of 59.27 in the 100 back.
- Sophomore Miranda Bacon (Scotia, N.Y.) placed first in the 200 breast with a time of 2:26.54.
- Junior Allison Stefanelli (Loudonville, N.Y.) took the three-meter diving event with a score of 256.42.
- Junior Corinne Carbone (Medway, Mass.) captured the 200 IM with a time of 2:07.44.
- The 400 free relay team of sophomore Sam Milligan (Needham, Mass.), sophomore Michaela Degnan (Narragansett, R.I.), sophomore Paige Hillis (Mississauga, Ontario) and freshman Anna Metzler (Regensburg, Germany) posted a time of 3:40.76.