2021 Ozark Swimming Long Course Championship
- July 23-25, 2021
- Chuck Fruit Aquatic Center, Edwardsville, Illinois
- Long Course Meters (LCM)
- Results on MeetMobile: “2021 Ozark Swimming Long Course Championship”
The Ozark Swimming LSC, which is comprised of the eastern half of Missouri and part of Illinois, held their long course championship meet last weekend at the Chuck Fruit Aquatic Center in Edwardsville, Illinois.
In the 15 and over age group, Michael Stooke swept the middle distance events, claiming the win in the 200, 400, and 800 freestyles. The 16-year old from the O’Fallon Seahawks kicked off his meet with a big win in the 200, touching five seconds ahead of the field in 1:57.83. That swim was good for a best time of more than two seconds as well. It was also a part of a sweep for O’Fallon, as Grant Musseman and Matthew Stooke took second and third in the race. Michael continued his strong meet into the 400 free (4:18.53) and 800 free (8:49.84) as well, winning both races handily. While he was off from his best in the 400, his 800 was over eight seconds quicker than his previous best.
Ema Stojicevic was nearly unstoppable in the 11-12 age group, winning four individual events across the weekend. After taking third in the 50 breast (37.92) on day one, Stojicevic picked up her first win with a time of 32.26 in the 50 fly. The second day of racing was where the CSP Tiderider found her stride, taking the top spot in all three of her races on the day. She kicked the session off by winning the 200 IM in 2:36.52, before adding wins in the 100 breast (1:21.86) and 400 free (4:49.32). She finished her weekend off by winning the 100 fly in 1:11.87.
Putting up impressive breaststroke performances across the weekend were Connor Muran, competing in the 11-12 boys age group, and Riley Muran, who competed in the 9-10 girls age group. Connor swept the 50 and 100 breast, winning the 50 in 37.11 and the 100 in 1:22.25. After starting the meet off with a third-place finish in the 50 breast, Riley finished with the fastest time in the 100, stopping the clock in 1:42.39.
Other Notable Performances
- Taking over three seconds off of his lifetime best, Willem Huggins claimed the top spot in the 15 and over 100 free with a time of 55.00.
- 10-year old Karsynne McAlister took two and a half seconds off of her previous best time in the 200 IM to touch in 2:57.18.
- C0lin Shaffer won the 13-14 200 fly in a personal best 2:24.32. He hit five other best times during the meet as well.
Overall, it was the CSP Tideriders who came out with the most points on both the men’s and women’s sides. CSP’s men finished with 2083 points, while the women were just behind them with 1918 points.
Top 5 Men’s Teams
- CSP Tideriders – 2038
- Parkway Swim Club – 1376.5
- Rockwood Swim Club – 1245.5
- River City Aquatics – 1047
- O’Fallon Seahawks – 1045
Top 5 Women’s Teams
- CSP Tideriders – 1918
- O’Fallon Seahawks – 1565
- Parkway Swim Club – 1347
- Rockwood Swim Club – 1266
- Flyers Aquatic Swim Team – 977