2018 YMCA SHORT COURSE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- April 3rd-7th, 2018
- Greensboro Aquatic Center, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Meet Central
- Live Stream (Finals)
- Meet Results
- Psych Sheet
Brendan Burns dropped a new personal best in the 200 free, leading off the Upper Main Line YMCA men’s 800 free relay in 1:36.01. That time comes in a full 2 seconds faster than his previous best of 1:38.19. Burns took the race out fast, hitting the 100 mark at 45.59. His 1st 50 was 22.03, and he threw down a 23.56 on the 2nd 50. His 2nd 100 was 50.42 (24.95/25.47). That time puts Burns 14th in the all-time rankings for 15-16 boys.
Leah Braswell picked up another win, this time in the 500 free. Braswell took the lead at the beginning of the race, and only expanded it through the finish. She was very consistent in the middle 300 of the race, posting 50 splits ranging from 28.50 to 28.80. Her final 100 split of 55.80 was almost exactly the same as her free split in the 400 IM last night (55.74). Braswell’s final time of 4:42.09 was nearly 3 seconds off her personal best of 4:39.29, but was still good to win by 3 seconds over runner-up Emma Weyant (4:45.45).
NC State recruit Ross Dant won the men’s 500 free with a 4:19.86, marking himself a the only swimmer in the field to break 4:20. Dant controlled the race from the beginning, taking the lead on the 1st 50, and expanding it through the end. Dant split the race well, putting up 100 splits of 49.62/52.26/52.53/53.17/52.28. His best time of 4:18.89 is ranked 11th in the all-time rankings for 15-16 boys. 16 year old Arik Katz came in 2nd with a 4:24.38
Kaitlyn Wheeler took the women’s 200 IM with a 1:59.39. She was the only swimmer in the field to break 2:00, with Charity Pittard coming in 2nd with a 2:00.26. Wheeler had a great front half, posting a fly split of 25.75 and a back split of 29.21 for a 1st 100 split of 54.96. Wheeler’s personal best is 1:58.95.
- Sarah Grinalds won the women’s 50 free with a 22.52
- Oliver Zmetrovich won the men’s 200 IM with a 1:49.58, out-touching Alec Peckmann (1:49.63)
- Cheshire women’s 800 free relay team of Elizabeth Boyer, Mia Leko, Julia Stevens, and Alexandra tyler won with a final time of 7:21.52
- Sarasota Family Y men’s 800 free relay team of Brendan Firlie, Arik Katz, J.J. Corrigan, and Nico Hernandez-Tome won with a 6:37.47