2018 AUSTRALIAN SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wednesday, February 28th – Saturday, March 3rd
- Optus Aquatic Centre, Marine Parade, Southport, Queensland
- Prelims at 11:00am local (8pm EST previous night)/Finals at 7:15pm local (4:15am EST)
- Meet Central
- Selection Criteria (including QTs)
- Start Lists
- SwimSwam Meet Preview
- Live Stream (prelims only)
- Live Results
Para swimming finals are mixed in with swimming during the 2018 Australian Swimming Trials, with several domestic stars proving they’re ready to shine.
National record holder Matthew Levy took the men’s S7 50m freestyle title in a mark of 28.61, not too far from his own Aussie record of 27.35 from 2014. Levy’s swim garnered him 905 points, with Matt Haanappel and Rohan Bright finishing with 762 and 692 points for 2nd and 3rd, respectively.
Lake Patterson was tonight’s S8 50m freestyle winner for the women, clocking 30.52 for 962 points to lead the competition, while Katherine Downie‘s time of 2:33.46 in the SM10 200m IM proved enough to earn the win with 855 points.
21-year-old Timothy Disken wrapped things up for the multi-class swimmers, wrangling the S9 100m freestyle win in with his mark of 56.10 for 921 points.