2018 SWEDISH SUMMER NATIONALS
- July 4-8, 2018
- Landskrona, Sweden
- Live results
Nearly hitting her season best, Sarah Sjöström posted a 25.14 to easily capture the 50 fly title at the 2018 Swedish Nationals. That’s her third win of the week, having already taken the 50 free and 100 fly.
Sjöström already holds the #1 time in the world for 2018, a 25.07 from January.
Teenager Sara Junevik finished 2nd in 26.40, beating out Louise Hansson (26.60). Ida Liljeqvist, born in 1999, was third in 26.87, also under 27 seconds. Junevik’s best is a 26.18, the time she swam in Indianapolis last summer to take the silver medal at the 2018 World Jr Champs. Hansson was a bit off of her 26.26 PR from April, while Liljeqvist hit a lifetime best.
Hansson’s sister, Sophie Hansson, touched first in the women’s 100 breast. With NR holder Jennie Johansson, S. Hansson is the nation’s top breaststroker, and will look to her development in hopes of making their medley relay a podium threat. S. Hansson was 1:08.08, while she split a 1:07.96 on Helsingborgs’ 400 medley relay. L. Hansson split a 57.96 fly on that relay, while Sjöström was 56.37 on Södertörns’ 2nd-place relay.
Victor Johansson added another win, touching first in the 800 free in 8:06.68, nearly twenty seconds better than the next competitor.
- The only sub-23 showing in the men’s 50 free came from the winner, Melker Selin, in 22.80.
- Teenager Tobias Klasson took the men’s para 50 free in 27.16.
- Pernilla Lindberg was 33.47 to take the women’s para 50 fly.
- Hanna Eriksson hit a lifetime best in the women’s 400 free, taking the victory at 4:14.84.
- In the women’s para 100 breast final, Maja Reichard won in 1:30.37
- Virginia Tech swimmer Sam Törnqvist was 2:04.20 to win the men’s 200 back.
- The men’s 100 fly went to Jesper Jonsson in 53.96.