2021 INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING LEAGUE – SEASON 3, MATCH 9
- Thursday, September 23 – Friday, September 24
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST (8:00 pm – 10:00 pm Local Time)
- Piscina Felice Scandone, Naples, Italy
- Short Course Meters (25m – SCM) Format
- ISL Season 3 Schedules, Start Times, & More
- Teams Competing: Energy Standard, London Roar, Toronto Titans, DC Trident
- Omega Live Results
- Match 9 Preview
Day One Lane Assignments
- Lanes 1&2: Toronto Titans (TOR)
- Lanes 3&4: Energy Standard (ENS)
- Lanes 5&6: London Roar (LON)
- Lanes 7&8: DC Trident (DCT)
Florent Manaudou will be swimming the individual 50 free for Energy Standard next to Ben Proud. Last match, Manaudou was a relay-only swimmer as London’s Kyle Chalmers made his season event debut with a blazing 20.80. During season 2, Mananudou had the second-fastest time in the league at 20.55. Chalmers will also swim butterfly for London’s “A” men’s 4×100 medley relay as Dylan Carter will take the anchor leg.
The Energy men had to make last-minute swaps for middle distance swimmer Marco de Tullio. In the 400 free, BR/IMer Charlie Swanson is subbing in next to Kregor Zirk. Andrey Zhilkin and Max Stupin wound up being put in the 200 IM, bumping out match 8 event swimmers Travis Mahoney and Swanson, who swam 6-7 during last match.
For the London Roar, sprinter Kira Toussaint will take on the 200 back alongside middle distance swimmer Katie Shanahan. While there will be no Minna Atherton in the 200 back, Atherton will still swim the 50 back with Toussaint against the likes of DC event power duo Ali DeLoof and Linnea Mack.
Toussaint is also scheduled to swim the 50 free next to Emma McKeon. Toussaint’s last 50 free swim was during the first round of skins in match 3, where she swam 24.36. Meanwhile, McKeon ranks 4th in the league this season at 23.60. McKeon is also entered in the 100 fly, but Energy’s Sarah Sjostrom will once again only swim the 50 free individually.