2018 PRO SWIM SERIES – AUSTIN
- Thursday, January 11 – Sunday, January 14, 2018
- Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swim Center
- Austin, TX
- Prelims 9 AM (Th-Sat) / Finals 6 PM (Th), 5:40 (Fri-Sat) / Timed Finals 8 AM (Sun) – U.S. Central Time
- Links, Schedule & Points/Money Info
- Meet site
- Live Stream
- Meet info
- Psych Sheets
- Thursday Finals Heat Sheet
- Live Results
The 2018 Pro Swim Series at Austin kicked off this morning. After competing in day 1 prelims, swimmers are preparing for finals of the 400 IM, 100 fly, 200 back, 200 breast, and 200 free. Live results show that relay action will include the mixed 200 medley relay. However, the heat sheets show the mixed 400 medley relay for tonight.
There were only 4 scratches out of A and B finals tonight. Notably, U.S. Olympian Jack Conger of Texas, the 3rd seed, has scratched out of the 200 free. That bumps Louisville’s Andrej Barna up to 8th. Conger will instead focus on the 100 fly, which takes place earlier in the session. He’s the top seed there. NC State’s Ryan Held, the 12th seed, joined him in scratching the 200 free tonight.
Also of note, National Teamer Michael Andrew has opted out of the 200 breast. He was initially seeded 14th after his prelims swim. Like Conger and Held, Andrew will swim in the championship final of the 100 fly.
2018 Pro Swim Series – Austin: Day 1 Top 16 Finals Scratches
- Women’s 400 IM: No A or B final scratches
- Men’s 400 IM: #11 Will Grant has scratched out of the B final, bumping up Sean Hogan.
- Women’s 100 Fly: No A or B final scratches
- Men’s 100 Fly: No A or B final scratches
- Women’s 200 Back: No A or B final scratches
- Men’s 200 Back: No A or B final scratches
- Women’s 200 Breast: No A or B final scratches
- Men’s 200 Breast: #14 Michael Andrew has scratched out, bumping up Isaak Webb.
- Women’s 200 Free: No A or B final scratches
- Men’s 200 Free: #3 Jack Conger scratched, moving Andrej Barna into the A final and Dan Erlenmeyer into the B final. Zach Harting also got bumped into the B final, as #12 Ryan Held scratched out as well.