2016 ARENA PRO SWIM SERIES – CHARLOTTE
- Thursday May 12th-Sunday May 15th, 2016
- Mecklenburg Aquatic Center – Charlotte, North Carolina
- Thursday May 12th – Timed Finals – 4:00 pm EDT
- Friday-Sunday – Prelims – 9:00 am EDT Finals – 6 pm EDT
- Psych Sheets
- Live Results
There were no scratches in the A finals tonight, although there has been some shifting from the B finals on down.
- Women’s 20om butterfly- The A final remains intact, but Greater Philadelphia’s 17-year-old Delaney Walz is out of the B final, which means Veronica Burchill moves up to the B final and Marissa Delgado gets promoted to the C. Madison Homovich has scratched the C final, which brings Peyton Baldwin up in her place.
- Men’s 200m butterfly- Unattached 16-year-old John Healy scratched the D final, which doesn’t affect the standings.
- Women’s 50m freestyle- Ali Deloof has scratched the B final of the 50 free to focus on the 100 back, where she is the top seed. With that scratch, Siobhan Haughey moves into the B final, Katie Drabot into the C final, and Lexi Laird into the D final.
- Men’s 50m freestyle- The A and B finals of the men’s 50 free remain intact. However, Missouri State’s Uvis Kalnins scratched the C final, negating the need for a swim-off between Indiana’s Blake Pieroni and Swimming Canada’s Yuri Kisil.
- Women’s 100m backstroke- The A and B finals have no changes, though Ashley Leclair has scratched the C final, moving Camryn Forbes of the Butler Y up to C and Emily Slabe to D. Jen Marrkand, Becca Postoll, and Kate Moore scratched the D final, allowing Rachel Matsumura of Indiana, lexi Laird of Carmel, and Marie Chamberlain of Indiana to swim the D final.
- Men’s 100m backstroke- Yuri Kisil of Swimming Canada scratched the C final of the men’s 100 back, allowing Austin Quinn to move up a notch to C and Ryan Massey to move to D. Preston Jenkins scratched the D final, so Heyward Harrison is in.
- Women’s 200m breaststroke- Jamaica and Swim Florida’s Alia Atkinson scratched the C final to focus on the B final of the 50 fly, allowing Abby Arens to move up to C and Sofia Carnevale to come up to D. Et Roberts scratched the D final, moving up Lauren Barber.
- Men’s 200m breaststroke- Jason Block scratched the B final, so Trent Jackson is stepping up to B, and Sam Tida is in C. Ryan Sebastian is now in the D final.
- Women’s 50m butterfly- Caitlin Leverenz, Hannah Saiz, Molly Sheffield, Claire Adams, Marcie Maguire, and Courtney Colorado all scratched the C and D finals of the 50 fly, negating the need for a D final in the non-Olympic event.
- Men’s 50m butterfly- Bryce Bohman scratched the B final of the men’s 50 fly, allowing Michael Jensen to come up to B. Paul Powers and Kyle Dudzinski both scratched the C final.
- Women’s 400m free- Duke’s Verity Abel is out of the B final of the women’s 400 free, which means Lauren Pitzer is in. Montserrat Ortuno moves into the C final, and Kennedy Goss into the D. Mallory Comerford has scratched the D final, so Katie Duggan also gets to swim.
- Men’s 400m free- Tom Peribonio is out of the men’s 400 B final, so Chip Peterson moves to B, Matt Johnson to C, and Noah Cairns to D. Ross Dant is out of C, so Jack Mangan moves in, and Ethan Curl gets to swim in the D final.