Making homemade granola is a much healthier, and tastier option than a majority of store-bought granolas. Store-bought granola could contain a lot of chemical additives and ingredients that aren’t necessary or good for our long-term health. By making your own and using your own ingredients, you gain back the control of putting wholesome foods into your body. This cinnamon granola recipe uses minimal, whole ingredients and tastes just as delicious!
This cinnamon granola is perfect for an “on-the-go” snack, on top of yogurt or ice cream, or even eaten as cereal with your favorite milk. All it takes is five ingredients and about five minutes to prep!
Personally, I love to make greek yogurt parfaits with this granola recipe. I like to grab a mason jar, fill it about ⅓ of the way with greek yogurt, throw in whatever fruit I have on hand for a ⅓, then I top with granola. The cinnamon maple, wholesome goodness is irresistible!
Granola makes an excellent fueling source for swimmers. It is packed with slow-digesting carbs from the oats along with being filled with protein and healthy fats from the nuts and seeds. If you love fruit, try adding in some of your favorite dried fruit for a little kick such as raisins, cranberries, blueberries, etc. Fueling your body with real, whole foods is ideal to set you up for top performance!
As always, if you decide to give this recipe a try, please tag me @rubyfaye99! I would love to see your end result and what you think!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or nuts or seeds of choice
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter or nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Dash of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, sliced almonds and cinnamon. Whisk gently, then add the almond butter and maple syrup and mix until a sticky batter forms.
- Transfer the batter onto the prepared sheet pan and spread out evenly. Aim for about ½ inch thick layer.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take the pan out of the oven and give it a good mix so it can cook evenly. Place the sheet back in the oven and cook for another 10 minutes, until crispy golden brown.
- Let sit and cool for 10 minutes. This will help give it more of a crunch!
Follow @rubyfaye99 on Instagram for more delicious recipes!