2017 COLORADO 3A GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Friday, February 10 – Saturday, February 11
- Veterans Memorial Aquatics Center, Thornton
- Meet Central
- Psych Sheet
FINAL TOP 3 TEAM SCORES:
- Aspen- 209
- St. Mary’s Academy- 187
- Glenwood Springs- 173
St. Mary’s Academy senior Alex Reddington threw down a pair of Colorado 3A State Records to become a 2-time individual champion at the 2017 Colorado 3A Girls High School State Championships last weekend. Reddington had her first big swim in the 200 free, racing to the wall in 1:48.60 to set a new record and win by nearly 4 seconds. She followed that up with a fast swim in the 100 fly, touching in a new record time of 54.09 for her 2nd gold of the meet.
Also winning a pair of races individually was Aspen’s Kennedy Quist. In her first swim, the 50 free, she took down the 3A State Record in a quick 23.50 to win by almost a full second. Quist returned to the pool for the 100 free, dominating the field in a new 3A State Record time of 50.33. With that, she finished 2 seconds ahead of silver medalist Savannah Tice (52.34).
In addition to her individual victories, Quist was also a part of Aspen’s 200 medley relay and 400 free relay. In the 200 medley relay, she teamed up with Davy Brown (back), Emily Driscoll (fly), and Hannah Freeman, swimming the breaststroke leg as the team won gold in 1:48.65. The same quartet joined forces for the 400 free relay, closing the meet with another gold in 3:35.05.
- 200 Yard Medley Relay- Aspen, 1:48.65
- 200 Yard Freestyle- Alex Reddington, St. Mary’s Academy senior, 1:48.60
- 200 Yard Individual Medley- Lauren Fetzko, Glenwood Springs senior, 2:05.84
- 50 Yard Freestyle- Kennidy Quist, Aspen, 23.50
- 100 Yard Butterfly- Alex Reddington, St. Mary’s Academy senior, 54.09
- 100 Yard Freestyle- Kennidy Quist, Aspen, 50.33
- 500 yard Freestyle- Abbey Selin, D’Evelyn junior, 5:01.15
- 200 Yard Freestyle Relay- Pueblo County, 1:41.06
- 100 Yard Backstroke- Davy Brown, Aspen sophomore, 57.37
- 100 Yard Breaststroke- Amanda Blickensderfer, Pueblo County sophomore, 1:05.26
- 400 Yard Freestyle Relay- Aspen, 3:35.05