2019 WOMEN’S B1G CHAMPIONSHIPS
- When: Wednesday, February 20th to Saturday, February 23rd | Prelims 11am | Finals 6:30pm (6pm Saturday)
- Where: Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatics Center, Bloomington, IN (Eastern Time Zone)
- Defending Champion: Michigan Wolverines (3x) (results)
- Live Results
- Streaming: Big Ten Network
- Championship Central: here
Michigan senior Siobhan Haughey won her 7th individual Big Ten title on Saturday, bookending her career with a 100 free title (which she last won as a freshman in 2016). This one came in a new Big Ten Meet Record of 47.06.
The old Meet Record was a 47.43 done by China’s Zhesi Li in 2018. Earlier this year, at the mid-season Georgia Invite in December, she set the Big Ten Record in 46.72. The old Big Ten Conference Record was a 47.24 set by Wisconsin’s Ivy Martin in 2015. Haughey was previously the 2nd-best in the Big Ten with her 47.39 from 2017.
After Haughey dealt with injury at the end of last season, she’s returned with a vengeance this year, winning the 200 IM and 100 free, and placing 2nd in the 200 free (which broke a 3-year winning streak she had in that event).