7th FINA World Junior Swimming Championships 2019
- 50-Meter Course
- Duna Arena, Budapest (Hungary)
- Pool swimming: Tuesday, August 20 – Sunday, August 25, 2019
- Heats 9:30am GMT+2 (3:30 am EDT / 12:30 am PDT)/ Semifinals and Finals 5:30pm GMT+2 (11:30am EDT / 8:30am PDT)
- Meet site
- Entries book
- FinaTV Live Stream (subscription required)
- Live results
Sunday, 25 August 2019
The final morning of competition in Budapest will consist of heats of men’s 200 back, 200 fly, and 4×100 medley and women’s 200 breast, 200 free, and 4×100 medley. At the end of the morning session there will be the slower heats of the men’s 1500 free.
Russia’s Pavel Samusenko and Bulgaria’s Kaloyan Levterov both scratched out of heats of the men’s 500 backstroke. Samusenko was seeded 22nd (2:02.19) and Kevterov, 24th (2:02.75). Both young men were entered in the 50/100/200 backstroke events in Budapest. Levterov appears not to have swum at World Juniors, while Samusenko finished tied for fourth place in the 50 back final (25.40) and placed 21st in heats of the 100 back (56.17).
15-year-old Beril Bocekler of Turkey will not swim in heats of the 200 free. She was seeded 14th with 2:00.62. She was entered in the 200/400/800 freestyle events in Budapest. She finished sixth in the final of the 400 free and seventh in the final of the 800 free. However, she was off her entry times in both events.
Milan Fabian of Hungary will not contest the 1500 free. He was entered in the 200/400/800/1500 events. He seemed to struggle in the 200/400 and scratched the 800 so it isn’t surprising that he withdrew from the 1500.
Bulgaria will not field a men’s 400 medley relay and Brazil and Venezuela will not compete in the women’s 4×100 medley.
Sunday morning events:
- Men’s 200m Backstroke prelims – #22 Pavel SAMUSENKO (RUS), #24 Kaloyan LEVTEROV (BUL)
- Women’s 200m Breaststroke prelims – no scratches in circle-seeded heats
- Men’s 200m Butterfly prelims – no scratches in circle-seeded heats
- Women’s 200m Freestyle prelims – #14 Beril BOCEKLER (TUR)
- Men’s 4x 100m Medley prelims – Bulgaria
- Women’s 4x 100m Medley prelims – Brazil, Venezuela
- Men’s 1500m Freestyle slow heats – #20 Milan FABIAN (HUN)
Heats begin at 9:30 a.m. local time in Budapest (3:30 EDT / 12:30 PDT).