2021 Louisiana Short Course State Championships
- Thursday March 25-Sunday March 28, 2021
- Multiple sites: Shreveport, Ruston, and Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Short Course Yards
- Combined Results and Team Scores
The 2021 Louisiana LSC Short Course State Championship meets were split among three locations due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, with results combined for final standings. Crawfish took the team title as they accumulated 5,906 points over the weekend. Runner up was Hurricane Swim Club with 2,502.50 points and third place went to City of Lafayette Aquatics with 1899.50 points.
Auburn commit Jacques Rathle, fresh off a 3:45.90 performance in the 400 IM, and TCU commit Rylee Moore, both of Crawfish, were named Swimmers of the Meet. Moore will make an immediate impact on the Horned Frogs next year; her 100 backstroke time of 52.94 leading off the 400 medley relay is under the 2021 NCAA selection time for the event and almost a second under the current TCU record of 53.84. TCU did not qualify any athletes to this year’s NCAA championships.
A total of eight new Louisiana LSC records were broken over the weekend:
|Eric Ring||200 freestyle (11-12 boys)||1:51.53||1:52.22 (Ring, 2021)|
|Eric Ring||100 freestyle (11-12 boys)||51.20||51.41 (Ring, 2021)|
|Marie Landreneau||200 breaststroke (15-16 girls)||2:17.49||2:18.55 (Keri Coy, 1993)|
|Rylee Moore||100 backstroke (17-18 and Open girls)||52.94||53.05 (Shelly Ripple, 1999)|
|Rylee Moore||200 backstroke (17-18 and Open girls)||1:58.39||1:58.96 (Jolee Liles, 2018)|
|Jacques Rathle||200 breaststroke (17-18 and Open boys)||1:58.68||1:58.74 (Rathle, 2021)|
|Jacques Rathle||400 IM (17-18 and Open boys)||3:45.90||3:49.33 (Rathle, 2021)|
|Jacques Rathle||200 freestyle (17-18 boys)||1:35.65||1:35.89 (Michael Bonson, 2019)|
These swimmers all rank nationally this season in the top-100 in their respective age groups for their events. Ring, a Hurricane swimmer, has progressed significantly this year. He now ranks 9th in the country in the 200 free and 12th in the 100 free. Rathle ranks 4th in the 400 IM, 11th in the 200 free, and 26th in the 200 breast. Moore ranks 12th in the 100 back and 54th in the 200 back. Landreneau, who swims with the COLA, ranks 66th in the 200 breaststroke.
Notable swims by graduating seniors:
- Ashley Gill of COLA won three events over the weekend. She took home top honors in the 50 free (23.60), 100 butterfly (54.69), and 100 free (51.30). Gill, a Missouri commit for the fall, dropped nearly a second in the 100 fly from her previous best of 55.60. She was just off her best of 23.55 and 51.28 in the 50 and 100 freestyles.
- Phillip Endom of Nu Wave Swim Club and a TCU commit won the 200 butterfly in 1:50.18, dropping over half a second from his previous best.
- Christian Booth, of the Christus Louisiana Aquatic Club, placed third in the 200 back in 1:52.52, off his best of 1:49.58. Booth will be heading to LSU in the fall.
The High Point winners of the meet were as follows:
- 10 & Under Girls: Avery Daigle (Franco’s Fins)
- 10 & Under Boys: Peyton Heltz (Tiger Aquatics)
- 11-12 Girls: Alexandra Slauson (HSC)
- 11-12 Boys: Eric Ring (HSC)
- 13-14 Girls: Lulu Szumski (HSC)
- 13-14 Boys: Thomas Duncan (CRAW)
- 15 & Over Girls: Ashley Gill and Marie Landreneau (both of COLA)
- 15 & Over Boys: Jacques Rathle (CRAW)