Michael Phelps met with media on Saturday from the Northside Aquatic Center in San Antonio, Texas and participated in a 20 minute press conference.
Among the subjects broached:
- How in awe he is of Katie Ledecky, her work ethic, and her swimming mind
- What music he’s listening to (at Trials: Eminem, Young Jeezy, Steve Aoki, Eric Church)
- Facebook Live
- Relay exchanges (and rookies)
- Tony Parker’s views on championships
- Controlling emotional energy
- Phelps has no concern over having his family in Rio with Zika virus
- The Olympic village (he says they’re nicer than any other bedrooms he’s seen in Olympic villages)
Phelps and the rest of the U.S. Olympic Team will be training in San Antonio until July 21st, at which point they will shift their training to the 1996 Olympic pool at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia. Atlanta was named as the new site for the team’s final pre-Olympic preparations after the originally-planned site in Puerto Rico was scrapped over Zika concerns.