2021 INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING LEAGUE – SEASON 3, MATCH 8
- Saturday, September 18 – Sunday, September 19
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm EST (6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Local Time)
- Piscina Felice Scandone, Naples, Italy
- Short Course Meters (25m – SCM) Format
- ISL Season 3 Schedules, Start Times, & More
- Teams Competing: Energy Standard, London Roar, LA Current, Tokyo Frog Kings
- Omega Live Results
- Match 8 Preview
- Match 8, Day 1 Live Recap
- Match 8, Day 2 Live Recap
Reported by Reid Carlson. Data compiled by Barry Revzin.
FINAL TEAM SCORES
|Tokyo Frog Kings||379.0||208.0||171.0||48.0||34.0||-2.0||-36.0||31.0|
FINAL TEAM SCORES – JACKPOT POINTS REMOVED
|Tokyo Frog Kings||409.0||208.0||193.0||74.0||35.0||-2.0||25.0|
For the first time in the history of the ISL, jackpot points decided the winner of Match 8, favoring Energy Standard over the London Roar. If the jackpot points are removed then the London Roar would have actually beaten Energy Standard by the narrow margin of 11.5 points. Neither team received enough penalty deductions to sway the outcome, and their checkpoint points nearly even out.
Until Match 8, jackpot points had only affected the outcome of Match MVPs, but now their value to overall team standings is on display. A point brought up by Barry is that every time 4 or more swimmers get jackpotted, the winner of the race is now up 19 points, more than 2 individual wins. These point swings could affect how a team builds its roster, preferring big stars to a team with depth.