2019 USA SWIMMING PRO SWIM SERIES – GREENSBORO
- November 6th-9th, 2019
- Greensboro Aquatic Center, Greensboro, North Carolina
- 50m (LCM)
- Prelims at 9:00AM Eastern Time/Finals at 6:00PM Eastern Time (4:00 Eastern for Wednesday timed finals)
- Psych Sheets
- Live Stream
- Live Results
- Friday Finals Heat Sheet
Reported by Nick Pecoraro.
WOMEN’S 200 FREE FINALS
- Pro Swim Series Record – Katie Ledecky, 1:55.43 – 2016
- Olympic Trials Cut – 2:01.69
- Katie Ledecky (NCAP)- 1:55.68
- Simone Manuel (Alto Swim Club)- 1:57.46
- Allison Schmitt (Sun Devil)- 1:57.63
With her second win of the meet, Katie Ledecky now adds a second national- and worldwide-leading time for the 2019-2020 season. Ledecky’s winning time of 1:55.68 marks her fastest individual 200 free time of the entire year of 2019. She started last season with a 1:55.32 from the 2018 US Winter Nationals.
In a tight race for second, it was sprinter Simone Manuel who took out mid-distance swimmer Allison Schmitt by less than two-tenths. Manuel’s time of 1:57.46 is now her 2nd-fastest in-season time, just two-tenths off her in-season best of 1:57.24 from the Bloomington PSS. Both Manuel and Schmitt are now #2 and #3 in the nation as well as #4 and #5 respectively in the world.
Nice interview! My favorite fountain is “Mem Claw” in front of the Old Union. Interesting that she mentioned True Sweetser: her 400 this week was only 3+ seconds slower than his.
I remember when her 400 time was the exact same time as Michael Phelps.