Applications due 09/15/19
Location: 8355 Cliffridge Ave, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Looking for a job outdoors?
Do you have a passion for coaching Swim Teams?
Are you 18 or older?
Join us at the Y as a Head Swim Coach!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
North – Dan McKinney Family YMCA
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Work with Your Friends – Text them the link to this page now!
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Prepare swim team area for workout
- Conduct appropriate stretching and warm-up/cool-down activities
- Maintain safety and discipline during workouts and meets
- Schedule and host team swim meets
- Respond to the individual needs of participants
- Assist in providing a variety of demonstration, explanation, and practice and skill correction during each workout
- Assist in effective communication with athletes and parents in a friendly manner and providing appropriate encouragement
- Attend staff and aquatics’ trainings
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have 3 years of experience coaching
- Must have 2 years of experience in competitive swimming
- Current Certifications:
- CPR PRO/AED for Professional Rescuer
- First Aid
- The Certifications above must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute
- Must complete Principles of Competitive Swimming & Diving within 30 days of hire
- YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard certification desirable (will be required if supervising off-site events)
- YMCA or WSI Swim Lesson certification desirable
- YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor (YSL) Certification desirable
- Must obtain YMCA Swim Lessons certifications within 6 months of hire
- Safety training for Swim Coaches desirable
- Familiarity with Meet Manager and Team Manager software desirable
- Must have visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and physical ability to act swiftly in emergency situations
- Must have ability to observe participant activities adequately, to enforce safety regulations and to apply appropriate policies and procedures
How to Apply
Follow this link to fill out an application: