How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Director of Swimming and Diving Operations will report to the Head Coach and will be involved with all aspects of the University of Michigan Swimming and Diving Program.
NOTE: This position is currently under review of the new FLSAregulations and the classification and exemption status could change as a result.
- Provide coaches with administrative support and assist in the daily operation of the Swimming and Diving Program.
- Coordinate all team travel to away competitions including transportation, lodging, meals, itineraries and logistics.
- Work with various departments including Event Management, Marketing, Facilities and Media Relations.
- Schedule and organize special events including team banquets, senior recognition and community engagement events.
- Work with the equipment manager in the ordering, distribution, inventory and collection of equipment.
- Oversee student managers including job responsibilities, scheduling and compensation.
- Assist coaches with recruiting activities including written communication, database maintenance, and campus visits.
- Coordinate filming during competitions and training sessions.
- Coordinate team video presentation at Big 10s, NCAAs and Special Events.
- Coordinate communication to alumni and team supporters.
- Coordinate special projects as directed by Head Coach
- Duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and intercollegiate athletics.
- Communicate effectively with all team members and support staff within Michigan Athletics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer and technical skills including the use of video equipment and software.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and complete tasks by established deadlines.
- Represent the Swimming and Diving program in a professional, positive and energetic manner.
- Successfully complete a background check.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
How to Apply
University of Michigan