Applications due 09/11/16
The Aquatics Volunteer Supervisor is primarily responsible for the management and training of the Volunteers in the Aquatic Partnership program. These responsibilities include a review of policy and procedures and emergency action plans. This individual ensures a safe environment for all participants and volunteers in the Aquatic Partnership Program while ensuring superior member service either from the pool deck or in the water. Participants of this program vary in age and ability level, but all need on-going support due to physical, emotional, or mental limitations.
- Program Management
Assists Director in recruiting, hiring, training, managing, developing, coaching, scheduling and directing volunteers as needed to assist program members in the pool. Assists Director with evaluating and encouraging volunteer performance and develops strategies to motivate volunteers. Ensures records of staff/volunteer certifications are current and complete.
- Staff/Volunteer Engagement & Development
Builds relationships with staff and volunteers, responds to inquiries and solves problems. Creates a safe and supportive community environment for participants, assists in recruiting and engaging new participants, and connects members/participants to the YMCA’s cause.
- Facility Management
Works with appropriate branch staff to provide program facilities for members that are clean, safe, adequately equipped, well maintained, and attractive.
- Budget & Financial Management
Assists Director in the planning and management of department budget.
Community Involvement & Support Mission and Community Oriented – Models and teaches YMCA values, inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives; ensures high-level service. Provide volunteers with orientation, training, development and recognition.Results Oriented – Provides guidance for launching programs and framework for making decisions. Develops plans and manages best practices through team engagement and holds staff accountable for high quality results. Effectively manages budgets and cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Personal Development – Effectively addresses sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Facilitate change and models adaptability and awareness of its impact.
People Oriented – Effectively communicate with audiences of all levels; listen for understanding when dealing with conflict; provide staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
YMCA COMPETENCIES – TEAM LEADER
Assists in YMCA fund raising activities/events, and engages in collaborative relationships with community organizations in order to strengthen support and build community.
- 1-3 years of related experience, advanced degree preferred but not required
- Must have a nationally accredited foundation, WSI (water safety instructor) certification or the equivalent of Lifeguard or American Red Cross Water Safety Training Certification
- The ability to handle many projects simultaneously
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel and Word
- The ability to develop positive, effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, members, community leaders and other agencies are important to this position.
- Effective teaching skills
- The ability to deliver good customer service, and a high level of enthusiasm are required.
- Demonstrated skills in staff and volunteer development, planning and supervision are important to this position.
- Poise and professionalism when addressing concerns and interacting with people, including issues of confidentiality is required.
- Candidate is required to be CPR, First-Aid, AED and Hippa trained within 30 days of employment.
How to Apply
Please go to the employment portal on ssymca.org website to apply.
phone: 781-829-8585 8322