LAKOTA FAMILY YMCA –AQUATICS DIRECTOR JOB POSTING
Seeking a team-oriented, motivated professional for our full-time Aquatics Director Position.
PROGRAM AND FACILITY MANAGEMENT
- Schedule staff, programs, and space.
- Establish and enforce program policies.
- Know and oversee pool operations and equipment maintenance.
- Organize space, equipment, and staff for each program, maximizing the use of time and space.
- Maintain accurate records, especially student progress reports.
- Have basic instruction skills and serve as an instructor as needed.
- Understand and develop risk management, aquatic safety, and emergency procedures; implement emergency drills.
- Maintain accident and incident reports, records of equipment and safety inspections, and health code records.
- Make sure programs follow the safety standards, policies, and guidelines of the Y as well as state and local codes.
- Solve problems.
- Supervise, evaluate, and update aquatic programs to ensure positive impact.
STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS
- Hire, onboard, and develop (including certifying and training) knowledgeable staff and volunteers.
- Secure the tools and resources staff and volunteers need to deliver programs.
- Provide continuing education for staff and volunteers, including in-service training.
- Evaluate staff and volunteers.
Y CAUSE AND CULTURE
- Understand the Y’s mission, cause, and culture.
- Understand social trends and community needs.
- Engage with members, give tours, share knowledge about the Y and other programs, and collaborate with others.
- Model Y values and promote inclusion in all aquatic programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of health and well-being and all related program areas.
- Demonstrate cause-driven leadership.
MARKETING AND PROMOTION
- Market and promote aquatic programs.
- Engage with the community through service groups and clubs.
- Communicate positively with students, families, community members, and partners.
- BA/BS in Physical Education, Recreation, Sports Management, Health Education or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Aquatics Program.
- Experience supervising and/or managing staff.
- Current Certifications in CPR and First Aid (American Red Cross or YMCA).
- Excellent human relation skills, good organizational and communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time, to talk and hear, to lift and or move up to 50 pounds, to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, occasional bending or squatting. The incumbent is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Also required is frequent hearing and talking, in person and on the telephone. More than 90% of the time is spent indoors. The condition of the air is normal/average air-conditioned ventilated. The noise level is normal to loud within an active YMCA program environment.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to Joe Ayers, Associate Executive Director of Lakota Family YMCA. [email protected]
6703 Yankee Road
Liberty Township, OH 45044