Applications due 09/28/19
Location: 85 Sherwood Avenue, Farmingdale, NY, USA
As TYR Sport’s Activation Associate, you will coordinate events, meetings and trade shows for the world’s most recognizable swimming and triathlon brand used by the world’s most accomplished professional athletes. Your responsibilities will include identifying, assembling, and organizing event requirements, establishing contacts and developing schedules and assignments to ensure event success!
The ideal candidate is passionate about health and fitness, able to travel extensively and is accustomed to managing multiple projects with tight timelines. The best candidate will be a well-organized self-starting, team player.
- Develop, source, and execute TYR’s annual in-store fixture and signage strategy/program
- Manage and execute marketing requests from domestic and international salesforce through Salesforce.com and from external partners (National and International Governing Bodies of Sport.)
- Plan, manage, and execute company events and tradeshows from inception to completion. Must be able to create timelines within project management software, work cross-departmentally with sales & design teams, and execute within allotted event/tradeshow budgets
- Source, execute, and distribute printed collateral (Catalogs, Mailers, Business Cards)
- Assist with the organization and naming of digital marketing assets
- Source, execute and distribute promotional items and corporate gifts/collateral
- Assist in the production of marketing photo and video shoots (model casting, styling, and on-set wardrobe)
- Work cross-departmentally (with Design & Sales Teams) to develop in-store marketing strategy and special event strategy for large brand initiatives such as product launches and seasonal line launches
- Assist in idea generation for social media content calendar and e-mail marketing calendar
- Seek out and cultivate opportunities for brand collaborations through market research
- Seek out and cultivate relationships with external vendors to negotiate best pricing for brand collateral printing, fixtures, promotional items, retail design companies, etc.
Education and Experience:
- 2-4 years’ experience working as a Marketing Coordinator or Associate Marketing Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business preferred
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience in visual merchandising and event planning
- Ability to work on tight timelines and manage multiple projects on parallel paths for on time and on budget completion
- Must be familiar with competitive swimming and triathlon communities
- Creative and exhibits a passion for visual merchandising trends
- Self-starting team player and multi-tasker who has excellent time-management skills
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Google, and experience using Project Management Software
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to travel up to 1-2 to weeks throughout the month and work some weekends and evenings
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. and have a valid driver license.
How to Apply
This position is based in Farmingdale, NY, on Long Island. Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and required pay rate to [email protected]