The Olympic year is finally here, and in the months leading up to the Games, swimmers from across the world will be fighting for spots on their respective national teams. With the best swimming nations out there, competition is at its highest level— nobody can truly sit back and cruise through prelims and semifinals, because this is the one shot at making it to Rio.
It’s one of the utmost honors to be selected to represent one’s country at the Olympic Games, and Trials is the make-it-or-break-it stepping stone en route to the big show.
The U.S. Trials will run from June 26 to July 3rd, and while this is one of the most exciting meets to watch in the world, there are still plenty more big-time Trials going on elsewhere. Check below and mark your calendars for some of the top trials meet that are coming up this year.
- AUSTRALIAN SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS (April 7-14)
- BRITISH SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS (April 12-17)
- CANADIAN OLYMPIC & PARA-SWIMMING TRIALS (April 5-10)
- CHINESE NATIONAL SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS (April 3-10)
- FRENCH ELITE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS (March 29-April 3)
- GERMAN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS (May 5-8)
- ITALIAN SPRING CHAMPIONSHIPS (April 19-23)
- JAPANESE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS (April 3-10)
- RUSSIAN NATIONAL SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS (April 16-23)
- POLISH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS (May 26-29)
- SPANISH OPEN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS (March 19-22)
- U.S. OLYMPIC TRIALS (June 26-July 3)
Stay tuned as we head towards spring and the action finally gets underway!