2017 YMCA Short Course Nationals
- Monday April 3 – Friday, April 7, 2017
- Greensboro Aquatic Center
- Greensboro, NC
- Mon: 5:30PM Timed Finals / Tues: 8:45AM Prelims, 5:30PM Finals / Wed-Fri: 8:45 AM Prelims, 5:15PM Finals
- Meet site
Both Courtney Harnish and Grant House are set to defend their 200 freestyle titles on night three of the 2017 YMCA Short Course National Championships in Greensboro, North Carolina. Harnish, who won the 200 backstroke last night, will look to better the YMCA National record of 1:45.62 that she set in the 200 freestyle in 2015. Harnish qualified this morning in a time of 1:47.29.
Grant House qualified for this evening’s finals session in a time of 1:37.18. House won the 200 freestyle last year in a time of 1:36.48, out touching University of Texas commit Austin Katz, who did not swim the event at this year’s prelims.
Katz is the top seed entering finals in the 100 backstroke, where he also finished second last year to current University of Missouri swimmer Daniel Hein. Both Hein and Katz clocked times under the old meet record at 47.08 and 47.23 respectively. Katz cruised to a time of 48.17 this morning, more than a half second ahead of second place.
Other top seeds entering finals:
- Camryn Forbes, Butler, Women’s 100 Backstroke: 54.11
- Mary O Soule, W.North Carolina, Women’s 400 IM: 4:17.10
- Paul DeLakis, Eau Claire, Men’s 400 IM: 3:55.01
- Fanwood Scotch Plains, Women’s 200 Medley Relay: 1:43.19
- Birmingham Family YMCA, Men’s 200 Medley Relay: 1:32.55