2017 YMCA Short Course Nationals
- Monday April 3 – Friday, April 7, 2017
- Greensboro Aquatic Center
- Greensboro, NC
- Mon: 5:30PM Timed Finals / Tues: 8:45AM Prelims, 5:30PM Finals / Wed-Fri: 8:45 AM Prelims, 5:15PM Finals
- Meet site
Caitlin Tycz, Brendan Burns, and Paul DeLakis are all set as top seeds after prelims to complete sweeps of their respective events on Day 5 of YMCA Nationals.
Tycz, who won was able to defend her title in the 100 butterfly on Tuesday, qualified first for tonight’s 200 butterfly final in a time of 1:58.86. The Bath Area senior will be a Trojan at the University of Southern California in the fall.
100 butterfly champion Brendan Burns is the top seed in the 200 event entering tonight after clocking a 1:48.09. The 15 year old from Upper Main Line won the 100 yard event in 47.62. Burns also took second in the 100 yard backstroke on Wednesday.
Paul DeLakis was the top qualifying during Friday’s morning session in the 200 Individual Medley. DeLakis won the 400 IM in 3:49.02 on Wednesday and qualified this morning by clocking a 1:48.43. DeLakis will be a Buckeye at The Ohio State University in the fall. Finishing second was 200 freestyle champion Grant House of Countryside.
The men’s and women’s 1650 freestyle events will lead off the evening session as time finals beginning at 5:15 pm. The top seed for the women is York’s Courtney Harnish. On the men’s side, 500 and 100 champion Ross Dant is the top seed.
Other top seeds entering finals:
- Sarah Grinalds, Westport/Westin, Women’s 100 Freestyle: 49.82
- Thomas Roark, Boise, Men’s 100 Freestyle: 44.76
- Abigail Doss, Sunbury, Women’s 200 IM: 2:01.49
- York and York County YMCA, Women’s 400 Freestyle Relay: 3:25.32
- Sarasota Family YMCA, Men’s 400 Freestyle Relay: 3:02.97