2021 ATLANTA CLASSIC
- May 14-16, 2021
- McAuley Aquatic Center @ Georgia Tech
- Atlanta, GA
- Hosted by SwimAtlanta
- LCM Format (50m)
- Top 40 Finals: A, B, C, D (18&U)
- Meet Site
- Meet Packet
- Psych Sheets
- Wave I & II Olympic Trials Cuts
- FINA Olympic Qualifying Standards
Heading into the final split-gender preliminaries sessions in Atlanta this morning, there was only one top-10 scratch. Bluefish’s Harry Homans, who has opted out of his previous events, affirmed his scratches in the 200 back and 200 IM. Homans was seeded 9th in the 200 back (2:01.37) and 20th in the 200 IM (2:04.71). Another Bluefish trainee, River Wright, will not contest in the 100 free this morning. Wright was seeded 22nd at 50.88.
During the 2020-2021 NCAA season, rising junior Homans transferred to the USC Trojans’ program, where he was a member of their 18th-place 800 free relay (1:35.94 split). At Michigan, sophomore Wright contributed to the 6th-place 200 medley (20.16 fly) and 400 medley relays (45.21 fly), 14th-place 200 free relay (19.24 split), and placed 11th in the 100 free (42.30) and 15th in the 100 fly (45.24).
On the women’s side, 17-year-old Mackenzie Lanning of Kentucky has scratched her No. 17 seed in the 200 back (2:15.34).
Day 3 Prelims Top Seeds:
- Women’s 200 IM: Melanie Margalis (St. Petersburg), 2:08.70 seed
- Men’s 200 IM: Caio Pumputis (BUZZ/Brazil), 1:57.74
- Women’s 200 Back: Rhyan White (Alabama), 2:07.24
- Men’s 200 Back: Ryan Murphy (Cal Aquatics), 1:56.27 seed
- Women’s 100 Free: Gretchen Walsh (Nashville), 53.74 seed
- Men’s 100 Free: Caeleb Dressel (Gator), 48.67 *Saturday PM Time Trial