- January 11, 2018
- North Miami, Florida
- Meet Results
- FIU 155, Central Connecticut State 63
Courtesy of FIU Athletics
- FIU won all 13 events Thursday to take out Central Connecticut State 155-63 in a dual meet at the Biscayne Bay Aquatic Center in swimming and diving action. The win pushes FIU’s dual record to 6-3, with three dual-meet wins in a row.
- Redshirt junior diver Brittany Haskell (London, Ontario, Canada) swept the 1m and 3m springboard programs in the event. She posted a 284.70 in the 1m and 290.95 in the 3m programs. Both eclipse the NCAA Zone-qualifying standards, with her 3m score landing as her season-high total.
- A trio of FIU freshmen took first place in two different events in the afternoon. Kelsie Campbell (Nottingham, England) won the 200 IM (2:07.20) and 200 Back (2:04.14). Sara Gyertyanffy (Desenzano, Italy) won the 200 Free (career-best 1:53.51) and 100 Free (51.69) events. Stephanie Hussey (Beaconsfield, Quebec, Canada) took first in the 1000 Free (10:28.52) and 200 Fly (2:03.27) events.
- The Panthers also swept the two relays. The event started with Naomi Ruele (Gaborone, Botswana), Nicole Hunnewell (Miami, Florida / Coral Reef HS), Letizia Bertelli (Cremona, Italy) and Skye Carey (Satellite Beach, Florida / Satellite HS) taking the 400 Medley with a 3:51.00 time. The day ended with a win in the 200 Free Relay as Bertelli, Ally Mayhew (Dayton, Ohio), Gyertyanffy and Ruele posting a 1:36.15 for the final swimming points of the day.
- Other individual event winners…
o Ruele won in the 50 Free sprint, at 23.91.
o Kyna Pereira (South Africa) won the 500 Free, touching with a time of 5:05.66.
o Hunnewell won the 200 Breast, the final individual swim of the day, with a 2:20.33 time.
FIU will host Nova Southeastern for Senior Day, one week from Saturday, January 20, with competition starting at noon. The seniors will be honored in a pregame ceremony starting at 11:45 a.m.
Fans are encouraged to follow the Panthers on Twitter (@FIUSwimDive) and become a fan on Facebook (Facebook.com/ FIUSwimmingAndDiving) for all the latest FIU swimming and diving news.
Follow all of FIU’s 18 athletic teams on Google+ (FIU Athletics), Twitter (@FIUAthletics), Facebook (Facebook.com/FIUSports), YouTube (FIUPanthers), and Instagram (FIUathletics).