The American Swimming Coaches’ Association on Wednesday announced six candidates for the fiveopen positions on the organization’s Board of Directors.
- Mohamed Abdelaal, Head Senior Coach, AquaHawgs
- Bill Dorenkott, Head Coach, Ohio State University
- Ellen Johnston, Head Coach, Westport Weston Family YMCA Water Rats
- Mike Koleber, Head Coach, Nitro Swimming
- Emily Melina, Head Coach, Lake Oswego Swim Club
- Pete Motekaitis, Co-Director, Davis Aquamonsters
Six coaches’ terms will be ending this year. Five of the names below will have served out their ascribed three year terms, while Mark Schubert is leaving the board one year early for undisclosed “personal reasons.”
While six coaches will end their term on the board this year, only five will be replaced. That’s because the ASCA bylaws were amended earlier this year to reduce the board from its current 15 seats to 12. That will be done one year at a time until they reach 12.
ASCA Board of Directors seats opening in 2021:
- Mike Koleber (president), head coach, Nitro Swim Club
- Chad Onken (treasurer), head coach, Quest Swimming
- Matt Kredich (at-large member), head coach, University of Tennessee
- David Marsh, head coach, Team Elite
- Dave Salo, head coach emeritus, Irvine Novaquatics
- Mark Schubert, head coach, Mission Viejo Nadadores
Of the 6 individuals whose terms are ending, only Koleber, the president of ASCA, is running for re-election.
The vote will be held among all American members from September 16 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time through September 17 at 11:00 AM Eastern Time. The newly-elected members will be announced at hte upcoming ASCA World Clinic in Orlando, Florida.