Texas A&M will be well-represented at multiple upcoming swimming and diving competitions with nearly 30 former, future or current Aggies competing in the FINA World Championships, the Speedo Junior National Championships or the Phillips 66 National Championships.
Speedo Junior National Championships / July 30-Aug. 4 (San Antonio, Texas)
More than 800 of America’s top up-and-coming swimmers will participate at USA Swimming’s 2015 Speedo Junior National Championships, at San Antonio’s Northside Swim Center.The five-day meet, which runs through Monday, Aug. 3, will consist of daily prelims at 9 a.m. CDT, followed by finals at 6 p.m. CDT. Complete meet information, including a detailed schedule of events, can be found online at usaswimming.org.
Incoming Texas A&M freshmen
- Raena Eldridge (Rockwall Aquatics)
- Alexandra ‘Lexie’ Lupton (Eagle Swim Association)
- Claire Rasmus (Bolles School Sharks)
- Connor Long (SwimMAC Carolina)
- Jose Martinez (Azura Aquatics)
- Jerik Wong (Lakeside Aquatics)
FINA World Championships / Aug. 2-9 (Kazan, Russia)
The FINA World Championships, which are contested every two years, features the world’s best swimmers and divers from around the world. This summer’s edition will be contested in Kazan, Russia. Complete meet information, including a detailed schedule of events, can be found online at FINA.org.
Current and former Texas A&M swimmers and divers
- Turker Ayar representing Turkey (relays)
- Mauro Castillo (50/100/200 breast)
- Mateo Gonzalez (100 fly, 200 IM) for Mexico
- Sydney Pickrem for Canada (200/400 IM)
- Alia Atkinson for Jamaica (50/100 breast, 50/100 fly)
- Grant Nel for Australia (diving / July 24-Aug. 2)
- Breeja Larson (200 breast) for the United States
- Cammile Adams (200 fly) for the United States
- Sycerika McMahon for Ireland (200 free, 50 breast, 200 IM)
- Béryl Gastaldello for France (100 free, 50/100 back, 50/100 fly)
Phillips 66 National Championships / Aug. 6-10 (San Antonio, Texas)
More than 900 swimmers will compete at USA Swimming’s Phillips 66 National Championships at San Antonio’s Northside Swim Center. Hosted by San Antonio Sports and the Northside Swim Center, the five-day meet opens Thursday, Aug. 6 and runs through Monday, Aug. 10 with daily prelims at 9 a.m. CDT and finals at 6 p.m. CDT. Tickets for the event are on sale now and can be purchased online at sanantoniosports.org. Complete meet information, including a detailed schedule of events, can be found online at usaswimming.org.
Current Texas A&M swimmers
- Hayden Duplechain
- Sarah Henry
- Lili Ibañez
- Claire Brandt
- Lisa Bratton
- Bethany Galat
- Sarah Gibson
- Esther Gonzalez
- Franko Jonker
- Colleen Konetzke
- Kristin Malone
- Caitlynn Moon
- Laura Norman
- Meredith Oliver
Swimming news courtesy of Texas A&M Swimming & Diving.