2018 WOMEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 14th – Saturday, March 17th
- McCorkle Aquatic Pavillion — Columbus, OH
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Stanford (results)
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPNU
- Championship Central
- Event-by-Event Previews
- Psych Sheet
- Live Results
Wisconsin’s Beata Nelson jumped from being the #9 performer to the #6 performer all-time in the 200 back Saturday morning.
Her time of 1:49.33 is the top seed heading into finals, just ahead of Kathleen Baker‘s 1:49.57 and Asia Seidt‘s 1:49.64. Baker is the #3 performer of all-time, and Seidt is 10th all-time.
Nelson split 25.62/27.78/27.89/28.04, while Baker was out slightly faster — 25.44/27.44/28.30/28.39. Nelson’s previous best was 1:49.59, swum last month at the 2018 Big Ten Championships.
The women will chase Elizabeth Pelton’s American record of 1:47.84 Saturday night, and will have to crack 1:49 to make the top-10 all-time performances list.
Top 10 Performers All-Time: Women’s 200 Back
Top 10 Performances All-Time: Women’s 200 back