FHSAA 2A District Championships
The Florida High School Athletic Association’s 2018 state meet series is in full swing, with the Class 2A district meets now complete. The top 24 swimmers from the combined districts in each region will move on to their respective Class 2A Regional Championships.
Below are all the links you need to view district results and regional qualifiers, as well as a list of district champions and highlights from the meets.
- Results for all districts
- Region 1 selection sheet
- Region 2 selection sheet
- Region 3 selection sheet
- Region 4 selection sheet
FHSAA CLASS 2A DISTRICT CHAMPIONS
- District 1: Mosley boys, Fort Walton Beach girls
- District 2: Stanton boys, Stanton girls
- District 3: Ponte Vedra boys, Ponte Vedra girls
- District 4: Eastside boys, Eastside girls
- District 5: Titusville boys, Titusville girls
- District 6: Sebring boys, Hardee girls
- District 7: Lecanto boys, Crystal River girls
- District 8: Lakewood boys, Land O’Lakes girls
- District 9: Jesuit boys, Holy Names girls
- District 10: Cape Coral boys, Cape Coral girls
- District 11: Suncoast boys, Suncoast girls
- District 12: Gulliver Prep boys, Gulliver Prep girls
CLASS 2A DISTRICT MEET HIGHLIGHTS
Bayshore’s Ryley Ober, the 2017 champion in the 100 free and 200 free, leads the region 3 cluster in both of her events. She’s nearly 2 seconds faster than anyone else coming into regionals with her 51.74 in the 100 free. In the 200 free, she swam a 1:51.93. The 2nd seed behind her for regionals is Land O’Lakes’ Taylor Ward, the 2017 runner-up in the event. Ward is the regional top seed in the 500 free with her district-winning 5:08.49.
Gulliver Prep’s Emily Cordovi is the reigning 100 fly and back champ. She’ll headline the region 4 cluster, leading the way into the 100 fly with a 57.42. She’s the only region 4 swimmer who broke 1:00 in the 100 back at districts, winning in 58.90.
Jesuit’s Brendan Driscoll will defend his 500 free title this series. He’s headlining the region 3 cluster after winning his district in 4:41.46. Driscoll also won the 200 free (1:48.08), an event in which he took 3rd in 2017.
Land O’Lakes senior Patryk Pilkowski notched an AA-C time in the 50 free. He leads the region 3 cluster with his 20.91. This is a change in his lineup from last season, as he won’t be competing in the individual 100 free this time. Pilkowski was the bronze medalist in the 100 back last season and will swim that event again this year. He’s the top seed for regionals there in 53.44.