2017 NCAP INVITATIONAL
- December 7-10th
- University of Maryland
- Short course yards
- Psych Sheet
- Results on Meet Mobile (2017 NCAP Invitational)
Amongst an impressive field, 14-year-old Grace Sheble put up a historic performance in the girls’ 400IM on Friday at the 2017 NCAP Invitational. She split 57.09/1:04.68/1:09.91/57.32 for a final time of 4:09.00. She now is the second fastest 13-14 swimmer ever in the event, with Katie Hoff being the only girl to ever go under 4:09. Meghan Lynch took second in a still-quick 4:16.24, followed by Caroline Sheble in 4:24.75.
The invite features a number of swimmers who swam at Winter Nationals last weekend, mostly in “off” events, or just a wider range of events. Here are the highlights from days 1 and 2:
- 14-year-old Paige McKenna won the girls 13-14 race in 16:53.12, while 15-year-old Chase Travis won the open race in 16:19.57. 17-year-old Brooke Travis was second in 16:21.36.
- On the boys’ side, 14-year-old Logan Deal, 13-year-old Cole Greenberg, and 14-year-old Alex Misiaszek went 1:3.75, 16:37.58, and 16:39.07, with the rest of the field nearly 20 seconds behind. Daniel Gyenis won the 15+ race in 15:26.45.
- Madison So won the 12&under 500 in 5:08.96, well over two seconds ahead of her closet competitor. Matt Beehler won the boys’ race in 4:54.02, over 8 seconds ahead of Michael Mullen‘s 5:02.12 second-place swim.
- In the boys’ 100 breast, three 14-year-olds were under 1:00. Eric Liao went 59.23, Dylan Danaie 59.41, and Joseph Hong 59.55.
- 17-year-old Morgan Scott topped the girls’ open 200 free in 1:46.60, while Reece Whitley grabbed the win on the boys’ side in 1:37.23.
- Phoebe Bacon, 15, won the open girls’ 100 fly in 53.26, followed by 18-year-old Cassidy Bayer in 53.55. Also under 54 was 15-year-old Abby Harter in 53.75. Reece Whitley topped the boys’ race in 48.26, followed by Steven Thalblum in 48.53, and Philip Manoff in 48.73.
- Tess Howley dropped a 58.53 in the girls’ 11-12 100 back, while Matt Beehler won the 11-12 boys’ race in 57.41.