Of 29 total female awardees of NCAA Postgraduate Scholarships this year, nearly half of them (13) were swimmers or divers. There were more swimmers and divers on the list, by far, than any other winter sport.
Among the list are a few big names. SEC stars Sarah Gibson (Texas A&M) and Danielle Galyer (Kentucky) stand out immediately, along with Texas’s Madisyn Cox. Georgia Bulldogs Rachel Zilinskas and Chantal van Landeghem also were awarded post-grad scholarships by the NCAA.
All five of the aforementioned women have earned All-American status in at least one event at NCAAs over the last several years. Notably, Galyer was the 2016 national champion in the 200 backstroke.
Check out the full list of swimmers or divers who were awarded post-graduate scholarships after the 2016-17 season by the NCAA
- Amanda Casillas, University of Utah
- Hilvy Cheung, University of California, Davis
- Campbell Costley, Denison University
- Madisyn Cox, University of Texas at Austin
- Eliana Crawford, Kenyon College
- Stephanie Frey, University of North Dakota
- Danielle Galyer, University of Kentucky
- Sarah Gibson, Texas A&M University
- Emily Medeiros, Springfield College
- Marcela Sanchez‐Aizcorbe, Emory University
- Clare Slagel, Luther College
- Chantal Van Landeghem, University of Georgia
- Rachel Zilinskas, University of Georgia