Division III Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships
- March 15-18, 2017
- CISD Natatorium, Shenandoah, Texas
- Prelims 10 AM, Finals 6 PM – U.S. Central Time Zone (GMT -6 currently)
- Event schedule
- Real-time results – diving
- Real-time results – swimming
- Video link
- Championship Central
Men’s 100-yard Backstroke – Final
- NCAA DIII Record: 46.93 3/16/2017 Ben Lin, Williams
- Benjamin Lin, SR Willliams 46.62
- Matthew Williams, CMS 47.90
- Sage Ono, FR Emory 47.93
- Chad Moody, JR NYU 48.22
- Timothy Kostolansky, JR Williams 48.91
- Kingsley Bowen, SO Tufts 48.99
- John Bauer, SO WPI 49.02
- Emile Kuyl, SO Johns Hopkins 49.64
A day after he lowered his own NCAA Division III mark in the 100 back to 46.93 while leading off the Ephs’ 400 medley relay, Williams senior Benjamin Lin took another .31 off the record in the final of the individual 100 backstroke event, settling it at 46.62.
Lin had a fast start, and by the time he broke the surface of the water he was half a body length in front of the field. Lin increased his lead, going up by a body at the 75, and finishing 1.3 seconds ahead of 2016 NCAA Division III champion, Matt Williams of Claremont-Mudd-Scripps.
Lin’s last two NCAA records in the 100 back have come leading off the Williams’ 400 medley relays. This time he achieved it in the individual event. It was Lin’s third sub-47 swim in two days (he went 46.94 on the leadoff 100 back in the final of the 400 medley relay).
Here is how he has swum his three NCAA records:
|2017 NCAAs, 100 Back Final||2017 NCAAs, 400 Medley Relay Leadoff||2015 NCAAs, 400 Medley Relay Leadoff|