2021 TAC TITANS LONG COURSE PREMIER MEET
- Thursday, April 8 – Sunday, April 11, 2021
- Triangle Aquatic Center, Cary, North Carolina
- Long Course Meters (50 meters), Prelims/Finals
- Meet Central
- Live Stream
- Psych Sheets
- Live Results
In the final of the women’s 100 meter butterfly at the TAC Titans Premier Invitational, 18-year-old Torri Huske took a huge bite out of the 17-18 National Age Group Record in the same race that 16-year-old Claire Curzan lowered the 15-16 mark.
Swimming side-by-side in lanes 4 and 5, Curzan and Huske were both out in 26.21 and came to the wall in 56.20 and 56.69, respectively, to become the #2 and #4 American performers in the event in history.
|Smith, March 2020||Huske, March 2021|
Huske’s previous best time, which she swam in November at U.S. Open Richmond, was 57.36. At the time, she was .02 off Regan Smith’s 17-18 record of 57.34 from 2020 Pro Swim Series Des Moines. Huske’s first foray into sub-57 territory took a huge .65 bite out the previous mark.
Huske moved past Swedes Louise Hansson and Sarah Sjostrom to the #4 spot in the world for the current LCM season, behind only Zhang Yufei, Curzan, and Emma McKeon.
With two months left before U.S. Olympic Trials, Curzan and Huske rank #1 and #2 on the prospective list for a spot on the U.S. Olympic Team in the 100 fly.
ALL-TIME TOP U.S. PERFORMERS
- Dana Vollmer, PC CAL: 55.98 – 2012 Olympic Games 7/27/2012 London
- Claire Curzan, NC TAC: 56.20 – 2021 TAC Titans Invitational 4/10/2021
- Kelsi Dahlia (Worrell), KY UN: 56.37 – 2017 World Championships 7/22/2017 Budapest
- Torri Huske, PV AAC: 56.59 – 2021 TAC Titans Invitational 4/10/2021
- Christine Magnuson, US TENN: 57.08 – 2008 Olympic Games 8/8/2008 Beijing