2016 ARENA PRO SWIM SERIES AT INDIANAPOLIS
- Friday, June 3 – Sunday, June 5, 2016
- IUPUI Natatorium / Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims 9AM / Finals 6PM (U.S. Central Time)
- Meet website
- Psych Sheet
- Live stream
- Live results
Top prelims qualifier Quah Zheng Wen of Singapore will not contest the 200 free at finals of the Indianapolis Pro Swim Series, instead focusing only on the 100 fly.
Quah was the top qualifier in both races this morning, going 1:49.48 in the 200 free and 52.89 in the 100 fly just a few events later. But with finals condensing to just two heats of each event, the double would have been much more difficult tonight, and Quah has scratched out of the 200 free to swim the butterfly fresh.
He’s seeded first in the 100 fly by half a second over Santo Condorelli of Canyons Aquatic Club. The 200 free would have been a much tougher fight, with Michael Wynalda sitting just .03 back after prelims.
There are only three other scratches out of the A and B finals on night 1:
- Virginia’s Kaitlyn Jones bowed out of the 200 free after taking 10th. 11th qualifier Ting Quah is also off the heat sheets for the finals.
- That created a swim-off for the 16th spot, with Clara Smiddy of Michigan beating Louisville’s Mara Pugh 2:02.47 to 2:03.27.
- Pugh also scratched out of the 400 IM. She was 9th in that race in prelims.
Full finals heat sheets are here