2016 LONGHORN ELITE INVITE
- June 3rd-5th, 2016
- Austin, Texas (University of Texas Jamail Swim Center)
- Prelims start at 9:30 AM, Finals start at 6:30 PM, except Sunday, 5:30 PM (U.S. Central Time)
- Psych Sheets
- Meet Central
- Live Results
- Finals Live Stream (Longhorn Network)
There are only two scratches out of the A finals on night 1 of the 2016 Longhorn Aquatics Elite Invite, and both come in the 100 free.
5th- and 6th-seeded Texas Longhorn swimmers Brett Ringgold and Townley Haas don’t appear on tonight’s heat sheets. Ringgold was 50.51 this morning and Haas 50.81.
That allows their Texas teammate PJ Dunne into the A heat as well as Olympian Matt Grevers of Tuscon Ford Dealer Aquatics.
Beyond that, there are 5 swimmers scratching out of B finals slots:
- A pair of swimmers bowed out of the women’s 100 free. Melanie Thomas and Mimi Schneider were slated to control the middle of the pool for the B final after taking 9th and 10th this morning. Thomas, the 47-year-old from Trojan, was an impressive 57.24 this morning, and Schneider, another Texas Longhorn, was 57.27. Both are not on tonight’s heat sheets.
- 16-seed Chatham Dobbs is also out of the men’s 100 free.
- Tuscon Ford’s Cameron McHugh has scratched the women’s 400 free after taking 13th this morning. That scratch allows her to focus on the 100 free tonight, where she’s in the B final.
- 11th-place qualifier Matt Ellis is out of the men’s 100 fly. He’s also got a B final appearance in the 100 free to focus on.
Full finals heat sheets here