2016 LONGHORN ELITE INVITE
- June 3rd-5th, 2016
- Austin, Texas (University of Texas Jamail Swim Center)
- Prelims start at 9:30 AM, Finals start at 6:30 PM, except Sunday, 5:30 PM (U.S. Central Time)
- Psych Sheets
- Meet Central
- Live Results
- Finals Live Stream (Longhorn Network)
There are only two scratches out of the A finals on night 1 of the 2016 Longhorn Aquatics Elite Invite, and both come in the 100 free.
That allows their Texas teammate PJ Dunne into the A heat as well as Olympian Matt Grevers of Tuscon Ford Dealer Aquatics.
Beyond that, there are 5 swimmers scratching out of B finals slots:
- A pair of swimmers bowed out of the women’s 100 free. Melanie Thomas and Mimi Schneider were slated to control the middle of the pool for the B final after taking 9th and 10th this morning. Thomas, the 47-year-old from Trojan, was an impressive 57.24 this morning, and Schneider, another Texas Longhorn, was 57.27. Both are not on tonight’s heat sheets.
- 16-seed Chatham Dobbs is also out of the men’s 100 free.
- Tuscon Ford’s Cameron McHugh has scratched the women’s 400 free after taking 13th this morning. That scratch allows her to focus on the 100 free tonight, where she’s in the B final.
- 11th-place qualifier Matt Ellis is out of the men’s 100 fly. He’s also got a B final appearance in the 100 free to focus on.