2016 MEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 23 – Saturday, March 26
- McAuley Aquatic Center – Atlanta, GA
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Texas (results)
- Championship Central
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday prelins & finals, Friday/Saturday prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPN3
- Live results
Texas junior Clark Smith has scracthed from the preliminary rounds of the men’s 200 free on Friday at the 2016 NCAA Men’s Swimming & Diving Championships. That leaves Smith with what will likely be an entire day off before tackling the 1650 free on Saturday.
Smith swam the second leg of Texas’ winning 800 free relay on Wednesday evening, where he split 1:33.28 on a relay start. He was seeded at a 1:33.36 and the 10th-fastest qualifier in the individual 200 before his scratch. The 16th seed in the race (on a flat start) is 1:33.94.
Then, on Thursday, he missed the final in the 500 free, despite coming in as the top seed and the defending NCAA Champion in the event.
Smith’s last entry is the 1650 free on Saturday, where he again enters as the top qualifier – seeded four seconds ahead of South Carolina’s Ahmed Mahmoud.
Michael Chadwick of Missouri, who was the 18th seed in the 200 free, also scratched the race.
Stanford (5) and NC State (4) led the way with the most scratches on the day, including 3 Stanford swimmers skipping out on the 100 fly.
- 31 Anton Oerskov Ipsen SO NC State 3:45.86
- 35 Matthew Bekemeyer FR South Carolina 3:48.13
- 36 Arthur Frayler SR Florida 3:48.70
- 38 Adam Linker JR NC State 3:49.48
- 39 Brian Hogan SR Yale 3:51.30
- 40 Shane McNamara SO Harvard 3:53.98
- 41 Tyler Fowler JR Arizona 3:54.22
- 38 Samuel Perry SO Stanford 46.83
- 42 Ryan Dudzinski FR Stanford 46.97
- 43 Connor Oslin JR Alabama 47.03
- 44 Ryan Arata SR Stanford 47.03
- 45 Ching Lim SO Ohio St 47.10
- 51 Kristian Gkolomeev JR Alabama 47.59
- 10 Clark Smith JR Texas 1:33.36
- 18 Michael Chadwick JR Missouri 1:34.11
- 30 Justin Ress FR NC State 1:34.70
- 31 Liam Egan SO Stanford 1:34.75
- 33 Peter Holoda SO Auburn 1:34.86
- 38 Christopher Reid SO Alabama 1:35.64
- 41 Ahmed Mahmoud SO South Carolina 1:35.82
- 44 Joseph Bonk JR NC State 1:36.24
- 37 Patrick Conaton SO Stanford 47.16