Reported by Lauren Neidigh.
WOMEN’S 200 BACK:
- Pro Swim Series Record: 2:07.16- Meagen Nay, Santa Clara 2011
- Pool Record:
2:07.14- Missy Franklin (Colorado Stars), 2011
- GOLD: Taylor Ruck, 2:06.36
- SILVER: Federica Pellegrini, 2:11.28
- BRONZE: Jade Hannah, 2:11.49
Candian junior standout Taylor Ruck knocked half a second off her best time to dominate this race in 2:06.36. Ruck flipped in 1:01.67 for the early lead, pulling further ahead as she moved through the race and took down Missy Franklin’s Pool record. That was a new Junior World Record for Ruck, knocking 4 tenths off the former mark set by Australia’s Kaylee McKeown. Italian star Federica Pellegrini used her closing speed to out-touch Jade Hannah for the silver. SwimMAC’s Sinclair Larson swam to 4th, clipping 2 tenths off her best in 2:12.60.
WOMEN’S 200 FREE:
- Pro Swim Series Record: 1:54.43- Katie Ledecky, Austin 2016
- Pool Record: 1:54.82- Katie Ledecky (Nation’s Capital), 2016
- GOLD: Taylor Ruck, 1:56.85
- SILVER: Wang Jianjiahe, 1:57.60
- BRONZE: Rebecca Smith, 1:59.14
Another swim, another best time. Candian junior star Taylor Ruck shaved a few tenths off her best for another dominant win on 1:56.85, shortly after winning the 200 back title. Last night’s 800 free champ, Wang Jianjiahe of China, picked up another medal in 2nd place. Rebecca Smith and Penny Oleksiak, also Canadian junior standouts, battled for 3rd, with Smith clipping Oleksiak (1:59.32) for bronze.